PLEASE READ FULL DESCRIPTION
For a Spirit that Walketh And Dozens of Other Spells from a Cunning Man
A magical miscellany from the collection of an anonymous benefactor, received in Oxford's Bodleian Library in 1634
Discovered among the antiquarian stacks of the Bodleian Library, this authentic work of seventeenth-century English magic has been meticulously transcribed and annotated by Daniel Harms and illustrated by James R. Clark, who previously collaborated on the bestselling Book of Oberon.
With a comprehensive introduction, annotations, and more than one hundred figures and illustrations, this beautifully reconstructed historical work is filled with never-before-published rituals for calling forth demons, fairies, elementals, and other spiritual beings. This elegantly bound book provides new insights into a fascinating tradition, where a sorcerer or cunning man was paid to perform magic for uncovering theft, combating witchcraft, hunting for treasure, healing, or bidding a spirit to fulfill one's commands. Additionally, the unknown scribe who created the manuscript included several lists of spirits, some of which specify spirits not mentioned in other published materials. As an additional feature, this deluxe edition retains the red type found in the original manuscript to emphasize keywords. With more than fifty spells and extensive annotations and appendices for contemporary practitioners and collectors, this is an essential work of magic from a unique and compelling source.
A breathtaking work of English magic with scholarly annotations and vibrant reconstructions of the original art.
This edition of an essential seventeenth-century manuscript, thought to be a practical grimoire that was used by a working cunning man, includes fascinating commentary that situates the material in the context of its time. With detailed notes on Thomas Allen and other key figures who actively collected and preserved priceless occult manuscripts, this introductory material also explores the genesis of the Bodleian Library at Oxford, the cultural rifts that resulted from the state's break with Catholicism, and a unique explication of the customs and mores of the era's intellectuals. Readers will also gain valuable insights into how this grimoire compares to other works of magic from the seventeenth century, detailed commentary on the period's cosmological and theological views, and a description of the attitudes toward demons, angels, fairies, and other spirit entities. These annotations by one of the foremost experts in the field provide nuanced perspectives on the milieu in which the original manuscript was created and used, a welcome addition for those who are interested in the enigmatic provenance of such an important work.
Publisher : Llewellyn Publications; Annotated edition (February 8, 2019)
Language : English
Hardcover : 360 pages
ISBN-10 : 0738753688
ISBN-13 : 978-0738753683
Item Weight : 2.15 pounds
Dimensions : 7.1 x 0.9 x 10.1 inches
2-4 business days
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Complies with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for orders shipping to countries in the EU.
✽ INFORMATION I COLLECT
To fulfil your order, you provide me with information (which you authorised etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email, postal address and details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also contact me directly and choose to provide additional personal information for example; when ordering a custom item.
✽ WHY I NEED YOUR INFORMATION & HOW I USE IT
I rely on certain legal bases to collect, use and share your information:
1. As needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle a dispute, or provide customer support.
2. If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law.
✽ INFORMATION SHARING & DISCLOSURE
Your personal information is only shared in very limited circumstances:
2. Compliance with laws: I may collect, use, retain and share your information if I have a good belief it is necessary to respond to legal process or government requests. 3. Enforce my agreements, terms and policies.
4. Prevent, investigate and address fraud or illegal activity, security, or technical issues.
5. Protect the rights, property and safety of my customers, or others.
✽ DATA RETENTION
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases, as follows:
1. Access: You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
2. Change, restrict, delete: You may also have rights to change, restrict or delete my use of your personal information, apart from exceptional circumstances where I am required to store data for legal reasons. I will delete your personal information upon request.
3. Object: You can object to my processing some of your information based on my legitimate interests, in such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
4. Complain: If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have) you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
Retailers/resellers who qualify for a wholesale account will receive a special coupon code that qualifies them for a flat 30% off each purchase with no minimums. Products can be mixed and matched. All store products are available for wholesale.
All graphics, fonts, and text used in our designs have been properly licensed for commercial use or personally created by us. So you can rest assured we uphold trademark and copyright licensing laws in all of our printed designs. Please inquire within if you have questions regarding specific graphics or items featured in our shop. If you have recently registered or renewed a trademark or copyright for a design we have already been selling, contact us immediately for resolution. Gypsy Dreamer Designs is not liable for penalty or removal of trademarked designs that are considered "dead", expired, out of date or void. All Live and Dead trademarks can be found at: tess2.uspto.gov